Existing Member?

sam&jess

Mumbai

INDIA | Tuesday, 12 December 2006 | Views [435]

Have been hanging around slick, attractive, clean and expensive mumbai the last few days. Is definately a city flying pretty high at the moment and if you want to work in a bank is definately a good place to be (millions of them). I really like the place though, is comfortable to walk around and there are lots of buildings that don't look like they are about to fall down, which is unusual in India. The streets are clean and wide with trees lining them and their are many parks where people chill and play cricket (they must have run out of footballs!)

Have stayed in two different parts of what is a massive city (both noisy and overpriced) but that is just the way it is here. If I return I shall arrive with a wad of cash, stay in the amzing Taj, eat like a king and hit the town. However, our budget has constricted us to wandering around and trying to find stuff to do for nowt. In saying this, I have just spent the last two hours in a posh restaurant eating fresh seafood (crab and indian salmon- which I wasn't aware existed. All good.

Everyone seems to be heading to Goa which is exactly what we are doing tomorrow morning. Lookking forward to it but also wish I could stay here for slightly longer. As always there is too much to see too little time. Mumbai is definately the place to be in India and there is a certain swagger about the young folk who frequent the bars and restaurants. One thing to bear in mind is the major tourist areas are awash with beggers, touts, annoying taxis and...amazingly enough, tourists!

All in all, despite some people bad mouthing the place in rajasthan, I thought Mumbai was a really good place to spend a few days. Catch you later!

Tags: Mountains

About sambarton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.