Existing Member?

My Adventure Around the World

Melbourne (again) and Adelaide

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 25 August 2009 | Views [297] | Comments [1]

18/8

Said goodbye to Andrew and Samuel this morning at the house.  Roy and Lesley took me to the airport.  They were allowed to come all the way through to the gate and watched me get on the plane.  Emotional goodbye as I don't know if I will see them again, I will miss Lesley's cooking!!  I actually didn't sleep on the flight back.  Back in Melbourne, luggage out quickly and back on the bus to the city.  Hung around updating my blog and rung home before heading over to Ash's.  Luckily Tom was there to let me in-thank god I didn't have to wait on the doorstep for one of them to come home!

19/8

I got up a bit late today but was luckly enough to end up with a fry up for breakfast.  By the time breakfast was out of the way-toast, eggs, mushrooms, bacon and spinach, it was early afternoon, late morning so I decided to seat myself down and plan the next part of the adventure.  After that, I treated myself to a rest!

20/8

I went into the city and got booked on the last spot for the Desert Patrol tour up to Alice Springs, taking in Ayers Rock on the way.  I then went over to the other side of the city to the Science Works Museum where there was a Star Wars exhibition.  I saw some costumes: - Leia's white dress, Chewbacca, Darth Vaders suit and helmet, Han Solo's waistcoat and beige trousers outfit, some lightsabers.  There was also the R2-D2 robot costume and C-3PO's.  From the newer films they had Anakin's outfit (from Phantom Menace) and Padme's outfit from when she went on Tattooine.

21/8

Up and out the door at 6.45am!  I went to the Great Ocean Road.  It was really rubbish weather for most of the day, there was storms, hail, rain, wind but also the odd bit of sunshine.  I saw the 12 Apostles and then went in a helicopter as well to see them from a different view.  That was cool but it was a bit windy taking off and landing but that just added to the excitement!  Really long day, I didn't get back until 8pm.  Tom made burgers for dinner, with all the trimmings that were added, the final product was huge!

22/8

Today I went down to the MCG.  The tour was only $11 and was an hour and a half so really good value.  There was a delay with the tour leaving so I got to go in the National Sports Museum for free.  The tour itself was really good.  I pretty much saw everywhere of interest in the ground.  In the evening I went out in South Melbourne with Ben, Dan and some of their mates.

23/8

Today I did some washing.  It was so windy that everything dried really quickly including my jeans which was lucky for me.  I then just sat around for the rest of the day watching tv and chatting with Tom.  We had kebabs for dinner, so huge I couldn't even finish it.  Then 8 o'clock arrived and Ashes time.  Oz needed 546 runs to win, England needed to bowl them out to win.  Tom kept shouting at the tv (same as the other 2 days) and Ash was getting annoyed also. 

24/8

Tom and Ash went to bed at about midnight, me and Ben stayed up.  Runs were being scored but wickets weren't falling.  I nearly gave up at 2am but then heard a wicket just as I was turning everything off.  Tv promptly back on.  by the time we had won, the presentations were over it was 3.30am when I finally got to bed, completely worth staying up for though!!  Not surprisingly I didn't get up early.  It was 11.30 when I crawled out of bed.  I went to the post office, packed my bag (after taking almost everything out first), said bye to the boys and then Ash took me to the station where my bus to Adelaide was leaving at 8.15.

25/8

I went through Horsham this morning!!  The bus arrived in Adelaide at 5.30am so when I got to the hostel at 5.40 the guy who let me in was well moody and said I had arrived way to early for a bed tonight.  Not my fault the bus arrived then and I'm sure that I wasn't the first and won't be the last person to arrive from Melbourne on a bus!  He let me store my bags and then I found a TV room with some cushions in so I shut myself in there for some much needed sleep.  I went to the zoo, maybe not the best day as the weather was miserable.  I saw a pair of Tasmanian devils out in the daylight which was cool.  Then came back to the hostel, got checked in and went for some much needed sleep in a bed!

And now I'm sitting typing this to you all.  I have a tour tomorrow that goes up to Alice Springs taking in Ayers Rock, so looking forward to that

xx

Comments

1

Finally I have managed to catch up on your progress, I do think of you often and miss you loads but unfortunately just haven't been able to read the blog as often as I'd like! I'm glad it is all going well and I hope you enjoyed Ayers Rock and Alice Springs today. Still miss you xx

  Katie Aug 27, 2009 1:13 AM

About sam_jackson86


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.