Existing Member?

My Adventure Around the World

Singapore

SINGAPORE | Wednesday, 3 June 2009 | Views [248] | Comments [2]

Can you believe I'm back so soon again!

20/5

Awake early today, which was typical as we had a day of waiting around for our flight which was at 17.40.  So we checked out, went on the net for a a bit, got a drink and then headed to the airport.  There was not that much at the airport so it was a relief when our flight was called.  32 minutes later (!) we landed in Singapore.  We used the MRT (train like thing) and headed into the city.  We are staying down the road from Raffles Hotel and above a 24hr Indian joint.  Nice one!

21/5

Today we had a walk around the city.  We went to the Museum and had a look around the city.  We saw Raffles statue which is where he came ashore in (I want to say in 1819 but can't remember) and found Singapore.  In the evening we wnet to the Night Safari at the zoo.  That was cool!  Got on a tram and got taken round to see the animals.  There was a tram stop so we got off and went on the leopard trail.  Got to see them really close up as they were sitting right by the glass.  Went through a bat walk and had some MASSIVE! bats fly over our heads.  I really didn't know that bats got that big.  Also experienced flying squirrels overhead, they mst have been close as it was rather breezy!

22/5

Went to the zoo today which was good.  Some of the enclousures were really good.  Got up close with some ring tailed lemurs, one had a little baby-it was so cute!  Saw a lot of white rhino.  I'm sure some of the enclosures were the same as some we saw on the night safari tram even though they appear to be separate parks.  Off to the airport to catch the 7.45pm flight to Sydney for a 2 hr transit before flying on to Auckland. 

Seems strange to be finally leaving Asia after just over 4 months.  Have seen some awesome places and done some wicked things.  It was really good and there are so many places that I would recommend you to go and see.  Still my Asia highlight was the elephants!  I have lots of pictures to bore you all with when I am back, whenever that might be

Sam

xxx

Comments

1

Glad you enjoyed Asia, those memories will stay with you forever (hazy at times), some things I would have liked, others glad it was you and not me. The elephants must have been great. On to New Zealand and normal foods (maybe!). Enjoy the next continent. Love you lots & miss you xxxxxx

  Mum Jun 3, 2009 5:43 PM

2

I can'r wait to be 'bored' with the pcitures, I'll book a MONTH off when you get back to see them all!

  Katie Lee Jun 19, 2009 7:10 PM

About sam_jackson86


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.