Existing Member?

Lima and other cities Few years ago I've started to go around and take pictures. I want to remember some things that I do not see everyday because the routine doesn't allow me to. Colours, smells, sounds and sensations are in my mind and my photos are just a humble record of the places I've been.

Lima, taste the city.

PERU | Saturday, 3 March 2007 | Views [1942] | Comments [2]

Of course. You must visit Machupichu and take the traditional ‘been-here’ photo but why miss out Lima. It is a massive capital city with zillions of taxis ready for a low-cost ride that can take you to many widely divergent experiences. Some luxurious hotels and loads of 3 stars motels, children’s in the streets begging for some coins, people doing some window shopping in the usual places, old cars and buses still in circulation contributing with the pollution, trendy restaurants and bars, poor neighbourhoods where houses are built gradually according to the cash flow, brand new cars and massive houses, humidity and dust. After all that hectic scenes you might be hungry so find below some places to taste the soul of the city that proudly presents its culinary variety in loads of restaurants. If gluttony is a capital sin we are capital sinners and some of the best places to misbehave are: Pescados Capitales, La Mar, Propiedad Privada, Punta Sal, Francesco, las Brujas de Cachiche, Jose Antonio, Al Grano, La Rosa Nautica, Wa Lok, T’anta. Must try : causa, ceviche, chupe de camarones, anticuchos, arroz chaufa, rocotos rellenos, aji de gallina, lomo saltado, pisco sour. If you need further info send me a message.

Tags: Food & eating

Comments

1

Glad to know you enjoyed Peruvian food...

  Alejandro Apr 26, 2007 8:04 AM

2

Have a nice day people.
I´m a Peruvian Mechanical engineer I live in Cusco where there is the well-known "MACHUPICCHU", if you need some information about it, just write me a e-mail.
I´ll like to recive you if you are going to be here in cusco-peru, here there are a lot of foreign people who visit us every day. the nightlife is good too if you are younger...a lot of things to tell you about of Cusco.
your friend Tony

  Peruvian - Tony Aug 5, 2007 3:09 PM

About sally


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.