Existing Member?

LegendTravel

Follow_the_fireflies

BELARUS | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [155] | Scholarship Entry

- Okay. I'll take it, - I said and paid for a cup of coffee.
I was near more than 500 hundred years old Castle. It is in Nesvizh, Belarus. I was here whole day trying to discover something new.
So I took my coffee, some village buns and went to Castle Lake. It was summer and I didn't care about cold but it was time when you have to scared mosquitoes and other insects. But suddenly I saw something another. Some fireflies were flying around the lake. It was mysterious. They turned to the park side and I decided follow them. They hypnotized me. I couldn't take my eyes from them.
One more step and I understood that I was laying on the ground. With taste of grass in my mouth I see myself in a trap. My leg was cached. I turned on my lighter and saw not a trap. It was a little hill with a manhole looked like Pisces and my leg was in the middle of it.
I freed my leg in a minute but the riddle of the manhole was still actual. Under it there was water and in front I saw two more hills. I went to them and indeed I found two manholes. One was looked like Aries and second like Taurus. All manholes were in one line and I decided that under them it must be a river or a stream. Further I saw a pond where this stream fall. In the middle of the pond it was an island with white statues. I saw stone couple with baby on woman's hands. Who are they? I didn't know. But it was late night and I thought that I can join them tomorrow.
I came back in the hotel all in grass and dirt but all I wanted to know was to understand what had happened with me and who was that statues on the pond. I asked about that one old hotel administrator. The old man said:” That statues are Great Lovers and this island is Island of Love. We call them Great Lovers because some hundred years ago they were killed for their feelings in the Castle. And only after years they found their places on this island. The way to island is through the underground river. We call it Styx like famous Greek river. But this is our history. And we love it and appreciate.”
Now after two years I often come in this place. I feel that the Castle and his parks with Styx and her riddles in some kind are part of me. Because my story here starts with fireflies. In some legends they are spirits from the past.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About s_yang


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Belarus

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.