Existing Member?

Canadian Dream

Independence is under rated

CANADA | Friday, 24 April 2015 | Views [164] | Scholarship Entry

I dropped out of College when I was 17 got a job and had no direction in life, my Dad suggested taking a break and escaping for a while, my Dad generously bought me a flight to Toronto and my Canadian work visa. I did not think this plan through, I did not have enough funds, didn't have a clue where I was going, I even asked two women at manchester airport where I was supposed to find my plane, they did not laugh. I was very timid and would not say boo to a goose at this point, Canada changed all that, I discovered what I could and couldn't do and I pushed myself more, I learnt also to not waste valuable money on woman who were selling Spa packages on the street, turns out the Spa did not exist and I was $49 down. It was just not one experience that made the whole year memorable it was the getting on the plane, being a new, scary, exciting place for the first time by myself, it was having great work colleagues, going the entertaining staff christmas party and having another mad moment and driving to New York City for a 24 hour stay (it was 53 hours one way) from Toronto. The trip was epic and I am devastated I can never be that young or free to do it again.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About s1990


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.