Existing Member?

Young Exciting Video

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 14 June 2010 | Views [354] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I did a documentary film about “ a visiting to Tuol Sleng Museum” in order to bring back the memory of the people of Cambodia who were suffered and tortured during the Khmer Rouge Regime which 1.7 millions people were killed under this regime. I followed the tour that organized by Document Center of Cambodia that brought hundreds of Cambodian victims of the Khmer rouge to visit Tuol Sleng Museum. It is one of the most tortured places and horrible prison ever happened in Khmer society. What have inspired me to film this video because I wanted to bring the voice of this people to the public and want to know about their thoughts of the upcoming Khmer Rouge tribunal that organized by the two parties between United Nation and Cambodian Government.  At first, I joined the tour and observed on the bus that heading to Tuol Sleng Museum. I found some interesting protagonists on the bus and their lives during the Khmer Rouge regime were very emotional. I tried to chit and chat with them on the bus then I approved them to be protagonists in this film. I followed them and shot their actives for the whole day of the trip. Every thing was challenging for me including camera work, editing and scripting but the most difficult test was the storyline that combines a good piece of film with an appropriate storytelling from these protagonists. For me, as documentary producer I think that documentary film is one of the very important genres amongst other electronic broadcasting medium. A documentary film can bring reality to the world. It represents the realism of things occurring in our world. Therefore, Documentary film for me is the best genre to bring the real fact, real life, and real world to the public in order to share the thoughts, to thinks critically, to educate, to enlighten every one of us.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

Hi there - please make sure you have read the terms and conditions. All submitted videos must be under 3 minutes to be considered.

  scholarships Jun 15, 2010 1:31 PM

About s-v


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.