Existing Member?

Ireland 2009 Stories from my travels in Ireland.

In which I was given a quest

IRELAND | Sunday, 29 March 2009 | Views [276] | Comments [6]

I was speaking to my father late last night and he asked me what I've been up to. Honestly, not much. I had mostly been finding my bearings, getting settled and such. He thought that it might be time for me to go on an adventure. He gave me a quest. A quest that if I were to succeed I would receive great rewards. These rewards were a cure to boredom and loneliness.

The details of my quest were simple. Make it to Trinity College, the Oscar Wilde memorial and return with photographic evidence. I awoke early in the morning and went out to find some breakfast. It was Sunday and my favorite smoothie/juice bar was closed. Blast! A set back already. So I went to the grocery store and bought some yogurt and an orange juice. I returned to the hostel where I was staying and started to prepare for my adventure.

I decided to pack light. Some of the items I brought with me include: A camera and extra batteries, a bottle of water, my cell phone and some cash. I packed these items in a small day pack, tied my shoes and set off for Trinity college.


The walk took approximately 10 minutes. The college was eerily quiet, (especially compared to the chaos happening just outside the walls) and had an almost lugubrious atmosphere (not really...I just like word). I saw that there was a short tour but decided I'd like to explore on my own. I was there for a small amount of time, maybe 20 minutes. I took some photographs as to provide the necessary evidence, took out my map and left for the memorial.

The memorial wasn't far from the college. Again, maybe 10 minutes. It was in the middle of a park full of trees and plants. Once I found the memorial amongst the beauty and splendor of the flora I gathered more photographic evidence and decided it was time to find some lunch. I stopped at a restaurant called Abrakebabra (very classy!) and had a bite to eat.


My quest was a success! I have the pictures and have been relieved from boredom and loneliness, for the time being.

Much love, Sam

Comments

1

Good for you! Great adventure for sure. It looks so beautiful and green there. We just got home from church. It is pouring rain here so hopefully in the next little while we will have beautiful flora and fauna, as well!!!! I am watching the birds in the backyard munching on "soggy seeds"!! A mourning dove is sitting in the tree in the rain.
Have a wonderful day..stay safe!
love always
Aunt Shirl

  Aunt Shirl Mar 30, 2009 1:28 AM

2

Awesome Samantha, I am so proud of you. I enjoy reading about your adventures. Great pics also. Have a awesome day and evening.
Love Mom
Stay safe!!!

  MOM Mar 30, 2009 4:03 AM

3

Lol! This story is amazing. Im glad you were not discouraged by the closing of the smoothie place :) I advise more adventures! and im liking the photographic evidence idea. im liking it alot.

  Bronwyn Craig Mar 30, 2009 4:05 AM

4

SAM you are amazing and by the way the best story teller ever!!! Keep this up, I love reading your stories! So now I have an adventure for you! Find me a hot man and get a photo with him!!!! YES!!! I look forward to the results!!! Ps your awesome!

  Alex RB Mar 30, 2009 7:45 AM

5

I love your stories Samantha! Keep them coming!

Love,

Dad

  David Culleton Mar 30, 2009 9:29 AM

6

Excellent story Sam; very interesting and well written. I'm looking forward to more! Miss & love you. Jeff

  Jeff Mar 31, 2009 12:01 AM

About s-culleton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.