Existing Member?

Perkins restaurant and bakery

Travelling across USA on the Greyhound

USA | Monday, 11 May 2015 | Views [111] | Scholarship Entry

'11:30 pm, Twin Falls, Idaho, i'm sat in Perkins Restaurant and Bakery. A classy joint I may add! I have 2 hours to wait for the Greyhound depot to open, then I have to wait another hour until my trip begins the long end leg. 1 day, 10 hours oh and lets not forget the 10 minutes. This place closes at midnight. I'm going to my hardest to prolong that for as long as I can. 'Well, as I said its the last leg of my summer adventures. Its been an awesome few months spent here in Idaho. 'Their are some real strange folk in this place, quite amusing. Its the only place I could find on the main city stretch that was open. I don't no what the hell i'm going to do after this? Wonder the city. This is a strange place and a strange time for folk to be hanging out. Its not your go to place at 12:00am that's for sure. Well wouldn't be mine. I got a booth to myself. Nice red number. There are, or where, as I think they have all left now, 4 other booths with people in. weird! Unless they are also all waiting to catch the Greyhound! Shall wait and see if I meet them at the depot.' So as I was saying its been an awesome few months. I will begin with the experiences that really stuck out for me. Ah screw it I got time on my side, I will just write them from the beginning. It will more than likely be muddled up and some real random stuff but hey. I will enjoy it if nobody else does. 'Excellent just spoke to the dude Chad and he said I can stay until they leave. Nice guy!'
So anyways lets start at the beginning. 5:30 am ,i'm woken up from my drunken sleep by the piercing alarm clock on the side of my bed. Cut along story short, got wasted. Arrived home at 3 am and proceeded to vomit from my bedroom window on to the conservatory roof.
'Still hanging on on their. They are now mopping the floors. Cant be long, I really don't want to go wondering the streets, still got ages to go yet till I find safety on the bus.' So I was out the house by 6 am. I arrived at Heathrow having slept the whole way. When I woke up I missed the narrator explaining where people had to get off. In my hung over just woken up daze I thought it would make sense to get off and figure it out myself. As I got off the bus to collect my bag I stepped aside to let an elderly couple pass. Anyways as I turned around the bus was leaving, with my bag!
'oh wait, got to go. its 12:40 am got 40 minutes extra out of them, not bad. Found a bench by he side of the Greyhound depot. Man this is going to be along few days.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About ryans_scribbles


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.