Existing Member?

Mishna 'Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves' Henry David Thoreau

Visas

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 19 July 2007 | Views [428]

There are a few visas that I need for this trip and I really reckon the whole visa thing is a bit of a money making scam.

I have just posted my passport to what I hope is the Vietnamese Embassy in London. The cheek of it was they would only accept a postal order or a bank draft, both of which cost money. I managed to cause a huge queue at the Post Office on the estate (Newbiggin Hall where I'm currently working), the lady behind the desk seemed confused by everything, she probably doesn't even work there and just happened to sit down for a rest!

If I get my passport back I then need a dual entry Thai visa as I'll be exceeding 30 days. Luckily the Thai embassy is conveniently located in Hull (near Sainsbury's randomly). They told me that if I go in person they charge a £10 administration fee, they made it sound like if I posted my passport there would be no fee.....dodgy! I realise now that they probably process it while you wait, maybe I can post it through the letter box!?!

Thankfully my cambodian visa can be bought at the border!

31/07/07 - My passport came back complete with my visa for Vietnam! I'm happy to know that it was a real embassy!

Tags: The Planning Phase

About ruudee81


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.