Existing Member?

Mishna 'Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves' Henry David Thoreau

Australia - Sydney and Coffs

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 10 January 2008 | Views [562] | Comments [2]

I should probably start writing 'Dear Mum' at the beginning of these entries as I reckon she's probably the only one who's not gotten bored of checking for updates!! hahaha

I've now been away for 4 months and time has actually flown (except for these past few weeks working in the call centres for Vodafone and AGL.....yawn!!!!) We're still in Australia until August but are planning on taking a trip across to New Zealand for a few weeks. We didn't include New Zealand in our round the world stop offs as it's so easy and conveniant to get there.

We landed in Sydney after spending the night in Singapore airport, where we found out we'd been delayed 4 hours!! So understandably we were feeling a little knackered when we arrived at the YHA hostel that w'd stayed at previously. We then found out that they'd closed the cafe for refurbishment which was the only reason we'd decided to go back as they did fantastic breakfasts and pizzas!!! The guy that checked us in was really friendly so we asked him what was going on in the bar that night,  he said that we didn't need to go as he'd give us some wine instead!!! very random. We went back to the reception to see if he really had wine and sure enough he did!!! and chocolate! (Normally we wouldn't have accepted this unusual offer but he was very nice and friendly and it turned out that there were a few of us) He let us out onto the roof and we watched the city drinking wine, it was a very good end to a slightly crappy day!!!

We only spent a few days in Sydney as we'd been there last time we visited and we'd already done the major attractions like climbing the Harbour Bridge!! - Which I definitely recommend, it's amazing!!

Next we flew to Coffs Harbour where we had the luxury of staying in a real house with a TV!!! Yes I know that sounds pathetic but it was really nice to feel normal for a short while and we got to watch the entire season of Heroes!! We also got to visit the famous Big Banana!!!!! The gift shop was definitely amusing and possible a little rude!! More importantly I was able to see my old friends and spend time with them and their son! We'll definitely be heading back there before we leave Australia (Lucy left her backpack there on purpose for the perfect excuse!!)

Unfortunately were didn't find it very easy to find work in Coffs, we had hoped to be there over Christmas but realised after not hearing from the 20 temp agencies we'd applied to that this would not be realistic! Instead we decided to move on to Melbourne.....

Tags: friends

Comments

1

it sounds fantastic probably even better than when you were planning it all. So pleased that its been more fun than tears, all really missing you here at good old Newbiggin hall im sure your pleased not to be sitting here answering the phone with plenty of rain. keep the updates comming xx

  lesa percival Jan 18, 2008 3:22 AM

2

As you will see, I am not the only one who looks for updates!! Thanks for all the photographs and updated information anyway. It is always nice to keep in touch.
Lots of love,
Mumsy xxxxxxxx

  Mumsy Jan 23, 2008 11:53 PM

About ruudee81


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.