Existing Member?

Abandoned Locations Roadtrip

Roadtrip - Exploring Urban Decay

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [232] | Scholarship Entry

Filmmaking has been the one constant in my life since I was young. I have a huge amount of respect for it as a skill/ craft and love every element of it. Three years ago I started making videos on Youtube and started to gain popularity online, I began to use abandoned locations for my short films as they seemed to add huge amounts of production value at relatively little cost. I find exploring abandoned locations hugely exciting and it is always an experience that others are keen to hear about, which is why I decided to base my video around them. They have been key on my journey as a young filmmaker, inspiring me and triggering my creativity. I love to travel, for my most recent project I travelled all over the UK to shoot a feature film 'The Fallen'. We filmed at a huge variety of locations from Kent and Dorset to Stratford upon avon, often spending up to 8 hours in the car to shoot at one location. When I saw the world nomads travel scholarship I jumped at the chance to enter, not only to set myself a real challenge, but also because it would be an amazing opportunity and achievement if I am successful. My ultimate ambition is to be able to make a living out of what I love.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About rupertrixon


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.