Existing Member?

Round the World Girl

One Week to Go!

ANTIGUA & BARBUDA | Tuesday, 29 December 2009 | Views [347]

After months of dreaming, planning, and waiting, my around the world adventure is finally just one week away! The first leg of my around the world ticket is not until January 5 but my life the road has already begun. My boyfriend, Jason, wanted to spend the holidays together before my departure so we booked a trip to the Caribbean--one week in Nevis and one week in Antigua.
The return flight is so close to January 5 that it does not make sense to go home in between. Instead, I will have just a few days in Salt Lake City before flying to Los Angeles.

This meant saying my goodbyes earlier than I orginally expected. There were last dinners with friends, lengthy phone calls to family in the Midwest, and promises to stay in touch with everyone via this blog. I was particularly emotional about leaving the children I nannied for the past three years when up to this point I had not been away from them for longer than two weeks. I think it was the right decision as the family has reached a point where they no longer need a full-time nanny. I assured the kids that although I would not be their nanny, I would always be their friend.

With so many loved ones in Jackson and around the country, I know I will battle some bouts of homesickness. But I also know if I don't take this trip, I will regret it. I am trying not to overthink everything and simply take life as it comes. And right now, it is time to enjoy these beautiful beaches with Jason! -Allie

About runnergirl1980

Monkey Xing

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Antigua & Barbuda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.