Existing Member?

adventure is my L.I.F.E

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - Journey in an Unknown Culture

THAILAND | Wednesday, 16 March 2011 | Views [323] | Scholarship Entry

2 years ago,me and my family went to bangkok,thailand.that was my first time to go to thailand,but this is my first experience to go to somewhere that i dont even know the languange.first of all thailand isnt use english for speech.so i need to learn a few thailand's words ,like thankyou in thailand language or hai or anything else.a few weeks before i go there,i learn many things about thailand,the culture the language etc!so i guess im ready to go there.the day cames and im so excited ,i can not wait to see thailand!!!when i arrived in thailand,first thing in my mind the airport is soo cool ,but lots of people who work in suvarnabhumi airport is indian people,when i'm in thailand,i stayed in baiyoke sky hotel,the people in that hotel is really really nice to tourist like me and my family.so me and my family was really happy.i was shopping alot,everything is cheap in thailand (they use bath for currency) .im not lying,if u bring $100 for shopping thingy,u can buy 15 until 20 dresses!i stayed in a part of bangkok,they call it pratunam,and every building in pratunam is hotel and mall,that was cool!! u can shopping a lot!besides shopping ,thailand have a really great beach like pattaya and phuket,i went to pattaya and phuket too,that was awesome,well pattaya is look like bali i think but in this case pattaya isnt that big like bali,however pattaya have kabaret show which is soo famous in another country (i watched that too,that was cool) ,after i went to pattaya,im back to bangkok and heading to phuket,i dont know why phuket have a really beautiful beach! and if you are in phuket,you should go to phuket fantasee show,it's wacky but fun and very professionally done. Trapeze artists, elephants on stage and pyrotechnics combine in a Las Vegas-style show. you'll see nothing else like it anywhere on the planet!but if you want to see how beautiful phuket,you should go to phi phi island,you can see phuket viewpoints,what a really good view :)
the hardest thing when i was in thailand is how i must speak thai if i want to talk to thailand people,because sometimes they dont understand if we speak english :( but i was happy cause i can learn a few words like sawa dee ka,khap kun kraa etc .when i was in thailand i tried to eat grasshopper and cicada,the thailand people always said that grasshopper and cicada are great food ,well the taste is really weird haha but i enjoy my self to eat them,cause i will never eat that if i wasnt in thailand,right?i do really enjoy my adventure in thailand,the culture isnt a big deal for tourist like me,i thought it was but not at all :)

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About runawayvacation


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.