Existing Member?

Federer, Cheese, Lindt & Mountains

Rome

ITALY | Sunday, 19 August 2012 | Views [367]

Never done one of these before, don't know what to say so it's pretty much going to be me thinking and just typing. So after 26 hours of flying from Perth to Singapore, then to Doha then to Rome, Dad and I finally arrive at 7am and set out to hit the streets of Rome. First stop, the Colosseum. Like everything on this trip didn't really know what to expect but it is effing huge. My first thought was how they built it and with Dads constant reply of "winches mate, winches" but still can't believe they did it. To me it's the perfectly built stadium, unlike subi you can actually walk the whole way around on each level with an awesome view from wherever you sit. 


From there we went to the Emmanuel Monument (look it up) which was also MASSIVE. Climbed those stairs and got to see the most amazing view of Rome (check photos). This monument overlooks the roundabout that has a crash on average every 30 seconds. Unfortunately it wasn't very busy so didn't get to see any bingles.

After that it was the Trevi Fountain, the one where you throw a coin in and make a wish, that was stupidly busy with soooooo many tourists. Along the way there are these Sudanese blokes trying to flog off dodgy louis vuiton bags, gucci stuff and watches. When the police come they pick up their stuff and run like Usain, pretty funny stuff.

Next on the agenda was Vatican, where there was pretty much no line. So we went straight in and yep you guessed it, it is HUGE. Wandered around there for a while and then climbed the 570 odd steps to the top where there is no better view in the world. Definitely worth the effort

About ruggers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.