Existing Member?

Ruchi Gupta Travelogue

Catching a Moment - Heaven is here!

INDIA | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [260] | Scholarship Entry

It often happens with most of us that we live in heaven near by but unaware of its immense beauty or rather have no time to explore and appreciate it. No wonder I was one of them, being born and brought up in Surat (Gujarat) i.e. 23 years of my life, I traveled in most of India, but, have never been able to explore other corners of my own state. This time I found a great opportunity to travel around my state Gujarat and discover what’s so fascinating about smell of Gujarat.(Gujarat ki khusboo in hindi)

In Late feb, my trip started, Being brought up in city life and living in flats, I always used to wonder how is it to be in village with simplicity and no pollution all round. Maybe that’s the reason I opted to choose to stay in Shaam-e-sharhad Village resort for a day in Kutch which really came more than my expectation. This resort by Hodka community is located at a place where anyone could hardly imagine any life. Man !! it was a either jungle or desert all around us. And within all this lies a little chilled out place as bliss !

After completing the official formalities i started for White Rann of Kutch by hiring a local Gypsy. To my surprise, it was altogether a different place which I was least expecting. Instead of sand it is a surface of salt and it exists far and wide till where your eyes can reach. All pure white. It was a bright day but the cold breeze didn’t allow me to get tired or sweaty and made sure that it is not lonely shore for it was giving me company. Pushing and touching me. I took a feel of this place by a short walk bare foot. Granules of salt crushing under my feet gave me a sense of joy. Thirst to have a complete view of this place was well satisfied by the Black Hills. Where I first chose to track a little and then sit in a dome, enjoying the view of the white desert downside. By witnessing different shades of sunset from there and moon rise at the same time there was a feeling of pride coming in me of being born as a human by the creator so that I can enjoy his all other creations so joyfully.

With this feeling in my heart I have to start for one night home of me, my Hodka Village stay.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About ruchi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.