Existing Member?

Gajon Festival

GAJON FESTIVAL

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 31 July 2010 | Views [336]

–- Gajon Festival. Have you ever seen People Dancing with the Decayed Dade to Appeasing the God?

-- Gajon festival, held in West Bengal, India on the last day of Bengali year on the occasion of worship of Lord Shiva, you will find nearly hundreds of ‘Gajon Sanyasis’ dancing with different parts of human dead bodies.

-- Thousands of spectators assemble to see the awesome dance of those Sannyasis. According to villagers, this practice is going on for more than hundreds of years. But police and district administration do very little to stop such ugly and unscientific practices. From where do the Gajon Sannyasis collect those dead bodies? Large number of people gather to witness the gruesome scene. Bad stench from the decomposed body and the primitive ways of the so called sadhus create an ugly atmosphere. Even children are brought to witness this 'festival' called 'Gajon'. The whole scene is primitive and unhealthy, a kind of visual pollution. But who cares?

-- I believe these type of dirty and unreasonable activities, practices in the name of religion or tradition should be stopped immediately and this was my little bit to bring it in front of you / people.

Tags: people dancing with different parts of human dead

About royjayanta2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.