Existing Member?

Roy and Ania One year to womble about in the world

Sad good bye and rainy horse riding experience.

ARGENTINA | Friday, 23 October 2009 | Views [587]

Today Ingrid and Nicklas left for Peru and the Inca trail and I am let in Bariloche on my own for a couple of days. Right now it feels a bit funny to be alone, I have spent more or less 3 weeks with them now, and since Roy is back in Buenos Aires, I feel kind of  lonely. But I guess that is ok and it will pass, just like everything else…

We had a lovely time in the last week in the little cottage that we rented with the amazing view over a big lake and the mountains with snow on their top (I will put up pictures soon). It was idyllic for our little painting retreat, and it was really nice to get back into my creativity again. So far in the trip, except for a bit in the US, I have not been active with my painting, but these few days reminded me of how much I love it. I am grateful to Ingrid who helped me remember this joy and how fun it is to be creative together! But now she is gone and I am left with my own motivation to keep it up. We shall see if can manage on my own. I hope so.

This morning I went for a horseback riding day in the Patagonian mountains. The group was meant to be out for 4 hours with a lunch break in the middle, but the weather was so bad that we only did the first two hours and by the end of that time I was so cold and soaking wet that I did not give a damn about the stunning views. We could not see much of them anyway, there where all covered in mist and clouds and the little opening that was left of my rain hood did not allow me to look around much. When we finally came back to the house and the big open fire, I squeezed a lot of water out of my gloves and socks. It was so great to get warm again!

As we sat down to eat our lunch we were asked if it was ok with us to be filmed for an advertisement for the horse riding centre, a film that would be shown on internet on their web site. I was not really in the mood, but I agreed anyway and they had us repeat toasting scenes about 4 times since the horse on the lawn outside the window would move in the wrong direction and walk out of the picture all of the time… I am glad I sat sort of with my back to the camera and that the American couple (who as visiting Argentina for their wedding anniversary) did all of the smiling and acting.

Then the taxi arrived and I went home and had a long nap. Oh god, it is hard work to be on vacation ;-).

I am soon on my way back to Buenos Aires. I am missing my Roy!

Loveania

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.