Existing Member?

Roy and Ania One year to womble about in the world

So now I'm a dental tourist!

ARGENTINA | Friday, 18 September 2009 | Views [334]

So there we were, sitting in an all you can eat for 30 Pasos (about 5 quid) Parilla when crunch, I break a tooth off down to the root, ouch, well not so much at the time but now really sensitive so, I have had to find a dentist here. The travel insurance helpline, wasn't, I still can't work out what there role is and I did ask, but anyway, I have found an english speaking dentist.


So, Off I popped and got her to look at the problems, the tooth and filling that broke, (yes I did get all this checked before we left)


The upshot, filling, no problem, large astectic (white) filling at the back 120 pasos, about £20, yep £20! but the other, well that needed a root canal filling and a crown.


So now I've had my first root canal filling, well actually my second but I'll come to that in a moment, now that's an experience in itself, an hour and a half in the chair while the dentist rives away removing all signs of life in the tooth and back filling to stop infection. Not the most fun I've had in a while but a good chance to practice my meditative breathing, came out quite calm really.


Anyway, the upshot of all this is that this is an ideal chance to get all my dental work done to a high standard at a reasonable cost and get rid of all those old mercury fillings, so now I'm a dental tourist! Also Ania is booked in next wednesday to see if there is anything she needs doing.


The Tango is progressing but very slowly and that's a whole different story so I'll up on that another time as, yes, I'm off to the dentist in a bit.


Love


Roy



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.