Existing Member?

South Americian Adventure

Heading for the land of white

ANTARCTICA | Friday, 27 February 2009 | Views [596] | Comments [3]

It´s at day after our day of travel and it really knocked us out.  We arrived at 9pm and luckily we are staying in a great hotel.  The room is clean, spacious and dark and best of all it has a bath - the luxury ;-) and free internet.

We have just had our Antartic briefing before boarding tomorrow.  So we will now be out of contact until the 10th of March (so Happy Birthday in advance Aunt Ivy!).

Today we visited Teirra de Fuego national park and the most southerly point of Argentina.  The area is right on the border of Argentina and Chile, and there are even some mountains that are split down the middle - 1/2 is Argentina and 1/2 is Chile.  The scenary was stunning - with snowcapped peaks in the back ground and glaciers amongst the moutains (But once again I am unable to load photo´s as there is no USB port).

It was actually nice to be colder - especially when walking.  I am of course wrapped up like a mummy (fleece, wind proof t-shirt and wind proof jumper) whilst Roy just has a t-shirt!

Off to visit the supermarket to stock up on provisions for the trip (basically lemonade to go with the duty free vodka, and crackers to combat the sea sickness - one has to be prepared!).  I have been told that sea sickness is basically caused by the acid in the stomach swilling around when the stomach is empty, which I see as basically an excuse to eat all the time!  Thank goodness we have Patagonia after to walk it off.

On that note better go and research some more on Patagonia so we know where we are going next, and how.

Hope all are well?

Sarah & Roy x

Comments

1

It sounds great and exhausting also. Have a special time my love. God Bless and heaps of love and big hugs from us xxooxxooxxoo

  Mum and Reg Feb 28, 2009 1:47 AM

2

Thanks for your greetings. Have a super time, look forward to hearing more news soon. Enjoy the boat trip bit diffrent than being on Kolmas.

Take care,
Lots of love
Aunt Ivy

  Ivy Peacock Mar 1, 2009 4:19 AM

3

Hey guys, sounds like one hell of an holiday so far ... I'm knackered just reading what you've been upto !! Roy and 6am ... think you should have taken a photo of the clock with Roy stood at the side of it !!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Glad to hear you went straight to Breakfast after a night out ... that's the Pome way !

  Mick and Robyn Mar 7, 2009 8:23 AM

About roy-sarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Antarctica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.