Existing Member?

Living the journey

5 days in Tas

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 4 September 2007 | Views [486]

Made it to Burnie safe and sound. On the plane I sat next to a lovely lady who I couldn't stop talking to (see my photo album). Once we arrived she showed me where the bus stop was and really looked after me. Arriving in Burnie I then managed to make it up to Andrew's house - by bus (very proud of that!). Made myself at home reading one of his books til he got home from work. Then we went out for some DELICIOUS food at a pretty fancy restaurant. I ate wallaby.

Saturday found us up VERY early and off to Strahen to jump on the west coast wilderness railway. Which we made in plenty of time and I must admit we both passed out on the bus to Queenstown - no looking at the scenery just snoring! I had no idea how tired I'd managed to get in becoming a homeless and jobless waif! The railway was lovely and the day perfect for a train trip. Maybe a little chilly but we coped!

Before we left Strahen it was to the fudge factory - yum fudge, plain chocolate was definately the best! We also saw a Huon pine stump lying in the the forestry shop with the front of it carved into a boat. Looked REALLY cool.

I got to drive back - Andrew slept again. On the way home we stopped at a dam called...Reece Dam - amazing feet of engineering I reckon, but then most dams are!

Sunday found us pottering around the house (cold wet and rainy outside!) reading and playing computer games. I managed to convince Andrew to go outside (ok, and myself too) and we managed to do a bit of fishing (nope, didn't catch anything), visit the Guide falls which were pretty impressive - I was quite facinated by the rock formations, kinda hexegon shaped. A whisky tasting - still don't like alcohol! And then home again.

Monday I became a computer nerd playing world of warcraft - AWESOME game and I could play it forever. Yep, finally gave into temptation (plus I got some encouragement which really doesn't help!). Today, well I reckon I'll go out and see what it is that Andrew does at his work and play a bit more Warcraft while I still can!

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.