Existing Member?

Living the journey

Australia

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 20 August 2008 | Views [595] | Comments [1]

Hmm, well for all those that don't know I had a flying visit to Australia and flying it was too!  Basically I went to Australia.  Visited a very good friend of mine in Tassie and then headed to Victoria to catch up with more friends and family.

In Tassie I experienced snow (very different to the Japanese temperatures of 29 - 30 degrees plus humidity), got to throw a couple of snow balls (ok so my aim wasn't fantastic, it was LOTS of fun though!).  Cradle mountain hid behind the clouds generally but I still managed to see what it looked like.  Also went to Devonport where we froze but saw some crazy people paddling out in the water - brrrrr! But then I can't say much - have been known to do similar! The next day I was inside playing on the computer - no not playing games, playing with photos!  All in all it was quite a relaxing time, got to have lots of sleep and still saw lots of things too.  Andrew was the perfect host.

Melbourne/Victoria, I got to catch up with many friends (which was AWESOME and not long enough) at both a dinner at pancake parlour and a wedding (Fraser and Dee's and it was beautiful).  It was great to see Mum (thanks for having me), Dad (thank you for being my taxi) my brother and his girlfriend (the roast was awesome thanks guys) and I really enjoyed surprising everyone at the wedding.  Thanks for the invite Dee and Frase, you guys are awesome and it was a privilege to be able to come to your wedding.

Tags: australia

Comments

1

Hey Roxy-

Sandy from Parkdale here. I am in Kyoto until 23 Nov.

Any chance we can meet up?

cheers!

  Sandy Nov 8, 2008 11:35 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.