Existing Member?

Living the journey

Diving 10th Feb

JAPAN | Monday, 11 February 2008 | Views [615]

Well I finally did it. I finally jumped back in the water again as a scuba diver after 3 years and 4 months of staying 'dry'. Why have I wasted so much time?! Scuba diving is fantastic and I love it and well lets just say I caught the diving bug once more! So details...

I dived at a place called Minabe.  Now the temperature was a warm 15-16 degrees (this is winter temperature which is why I call it warm!) so think Solitary Island flora and fauna style (for those divers who are reading this and have been there!)  They have these really cool nudibranchs that look a bit like Pikachu (a Pokemon creature for those not in the know!) - very cute.  Heaps of Lion fish, we found a sea horse and ... this really rare type of shrimp.  It was really awesome and well I could keep rabbiting on about it but I'll quit now and move on!

After the dive (yes, there are pictures included, I'm organised for once!) we got fed a DELICIOUS meal - known as o.bento (called this because what it is served in), tasty sashimi (raw fish which I saw alive and kicking - it was a MASSIVE flounder, sorry, didn't take a picture of it alive. It was tasty though!), miso soup and rice. After writing up our dive logs it was off to the onsen with us all. What is an onsen you ask.  Basically hot baths where you get naked (sexes are seperated) and get in a steaming hot bath that was lovely and very relaxing after you scrub yourself clean.

That was what I did yesterday.  So what else have I been up to. Well, I finally signed up for the internet so I might be a little more contactable now (yeh, we'll see, I haven't got it yet!). Was going to go hiking last weekend however a cold and threatening ice rain convinced me otherwise!

Check out the pictures from the last hike! Work is still happening and so are Japanese lessons

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.