Existing Member?

Living the journey

hiking and potential scuba diving!

JAPAN | Monday, 14 January 2008 | Views [569]

Well to everyone reading my online journal - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  This year is Chinese year of the rat.  So all you rats out there aren't you the lucky ones!

Adventures since I last wrote.  Christmas was a work day over here in Japan and overall weather is a little on the refreshing side (read freezing here!) so Christmas/New Years no not really!  I did get into the swing of things though and wore a Chrismassy elf hat on Christmas day at work!  I had 8 days of R and R where I didn't grace the doors of my school once!  So what did I do?  Well... New Years Day I spent with a very friendly and welcoming family.  I was fed to within an inch of my life (very lucky I didn't explode!) very tasty food (mostly of the fishy variety) and taken to a Shinto temple to pray for good fortune for the rest of the year. I learnt that NY day is like Christmas day in Australia and Christmas is like NY day in Australia.  So that was fun to find out.  Studies LOTS of Japanese.  Explored Wakayama further - went to Marina city and rode a dinosaur - yes I will attach a picture eventually - I promise!  It played music and everything!  Found the diving store and yes, I know it is expensive but have been hooked again so will be doing a refresher course in February where I am wearing a dry suit for 15 degree water!  Yes, I am beginning to whimp out in my old age by the sounds of things. Met another foreigner living in Wakayama.  Went hiking in Kada which was beautiful - I might even attach a photo! Nope just kidding!

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.