Existing Member?

Kris King

Kris King: a cure for Huntington's disease

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 9 August 2015 | Views [250] | Scholarship Entry

"It's just I have this problem where I want to be everywhere I'm not" These are my favourite lyrics. I'm truly happiest waiting in line to board a flight, sleeping in a bed I've never slept in, living out of a duffle bag and exploring the places I've imagined in my head. I love seeing the world and I love telling stories. The chance to make this film in Colombia would be everything to me. Coming back from Peru earlier this year where I made two films, I've been trying to find my next adventure. This sounds like the perfect opportunity. Compelling stories are what I seek to find, they're what is most important to me in life; as a filmmaker/photographer, I'd love to go and tell this story to share it with the world. I believe I'd be perfect for the scholarship; I think my eyes see the world differently to most. Picking up on the little details, the conversations, the moments that usually don't get captured. My sentimentality, sense of humour and heart on sleeve nature makes me an avid traveller and documentarian; a combination that would be perfect for this project. Brian Rapsey is a true inspiration to me; to be mentored by him would be a once in a lifetime experience, something I'd never forget. I need to do this scholarship to broaden my mind, sharpen my filmmaking skill set and to continue my journey as a story teller. Check out my travel stories on https://rossneil.exposure.co/ and take a look at the documentaries/films I've made over on my Vimeo. Thank you!

Ross Neil
x

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About rossneil


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.