Existing Member?

Sydney in 3 whirlwind minutes! ...with a lot of hope attached

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [800] | Comments [10] | Scholarship Entry

I wanted, in a fun way, to give an insiders view of some of the cultural and physical experiences Sydney has to offer. A long time aspiring film maker, my experience includes shooting a doco in Japan on rebirth after the tsunami devastation, music & event videos. As a team, our ambition is to create content which captures the imagination and hearts of our audience. To strike our audiences cord, to get into their heartspace & help it expand. Our ambition is to: Use the power of film/media to create, connect, impact, inspire & help people grow; Raise awareness; Create content that breaks usual molds by being entertaining, fun & relevant, while also meaningful, educational & inspiring. Winning this comp would be a huge catapult into our life's purpose. It not only would be an AMAZING experience for all obvious reasons, but the real magic is that it will be unquantifiable in its assistance to creating a platform from which we will continue to build content that connects, inspires & entertains through travel, filmmaking & storytelling. Like travelling, the experience, exposure, learnings & credibility of working with World Nomads is something no uni degree can provide. Life changing!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

NB. My video was conceived of, shot, edited and uploaded in the last 24 hours. I texted Sussan with the idea at 11:20am Sunday 14th October and we didn't start shooting til about 1pm. I hit submit at 1:55pm Monday 15th October. Yes absolutely last minute!!! Amazing what pressure can do!!
With proper planning could've been much better, but I'm happy with what we came up with. Now I just hope the judges like it!!!!
Good luck to all other entrants...but I hope I win! :-)

  rossam78 Oct 15, 2012 2:16 PM

2

did you watch my entry before you got your idea? I posted my submission right before you said you got the idea & our beginnings are a lot alike haha but that's cool with me great minds think alike! I enjoyed your enthusiasm throughout the film. :)

  jamieoliveira Oct 15, 2012 6:23 PM

3

Lol...no, idea came after watching some Natalie Tran videos. But great minds do think alike...and you guys executed really well also!

  rossam78 Oct 15, 2012 7:23 PM

4

Jamie! Your video is awesome! I just watched it and hadnt read your comment yet and was laughing the whole way through of how much you and I think alike! I was running around looking for hula hoops yesterday and was going to skateboard down the stairs of the opera house but alas we had no time!!! And dancing in the street is one of my favourite pastimes but that bit dodnt make the final cut. Goodluck your video is great and if they need a team of 4 I think we could give them a tour of Brazil they will never forget! (wink) :)

  Sussan Oct 15, 2012 7:38 PM

5

Fun video guys! You done a great job considering you pulled it together at the 11th minute! I hope you guys get to Brazil, I'd love to see more of Sussan & her infectious energy!

  John Oct 16, 2012 10:37 AM

6

I love Harry's Pie's!!! Makes me want one now... best pies in Sydney! I live in Sydney and I didnt even know about little bay beach, looks beautiful! Goodluck with the competition guys. Sarah

  Sarah Oct 16, 2012 10:52 AM

7

Awesome awesome video!! Loved it and miss Australia now!! Hahaha

  Moabi Oct 16, 2012 7:43 PM

8

Thanks Moabi!! Glad you enjoyed it!!! Don't forget to share it with your friends! Sussan :)

  Sussan Oct 16, 2012 9:02 PM

9

Thanks for all the support Sarah! Glad you enjoyed the video! Don't forget to share it with your friends! Sussan :)

  Sussan Oct 16, 2012 9:11 PM

10

The 'slow motion beach run' is my favourite part! Hilarious!

  Darren Oct 16, 2012 11:14 PM

About rossam78


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.