Existing Member?

ROSS SILCOCKS

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [263] | Scholarship Entry

I discovered the realms of video at the age of 9 and haven’t been able to put down cameras since. I achieved triple distinction at City of Bristol college and recently graduated from the University of Gloucestershire where I studied digital film production.

Last summer I worked for the charity Save the Children which inspired me to set up and fund a trip accompanying 20 children to The Gambia. The challenge to raise the needed funds was intense but by October of the same year I had raised what was enough and began preparing for my journey. The sense of adventure was overwhelming.

My strongest passion in life is documentary filmmaking, not only is it my chosen career path but also my way of getting messages out to the world.

I hope the provided film can show you my capabilities and how much more I have to give. To be able to experience another foreign culture, this time under the guidance of professionals would be something that will help shape my future.

Tags: #2011video, travel documentary scholarship 2011

 

About ross


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.