Existing Member?

The Callinan Adventure Trail Journeys and Adventures in Canada and Abroad

Blue skies and fresh snow

CANADA | Friday, 26 January 2007 | Views [964] | Comments [2]

Aidan at the base of the mystery chair ride

Aidan at the base of the mystery chair ride

Hi everybody,

Sorry its been a while since our last post. We’ve been busy settling in to Vancouver, checking out the sights and lazing around the house... sweet.  Its been so rainy here, almost every day it seems to be overcast and grey with a light drizzle or a little snow. Things took a turn for the better once we got our kick-ass new truck. We headed up to mount Seymour after we sorted out our gear, about a 40 minute drive out of town, and hit the slopes for the day. Pretty cool, but quite short runs and a little icy, which makes it hard when your such a gimboid. But it wasn’t long till we got the itch again and it was off up to whistler for a couple of days. I’d heard a lot about whistler and blackcomb and I’d built it up in my mind so much I was secretly a little worried that we might be disappointed…no snow, long lines, crappy runs, that sort of thing. I was totally wrong – IT WAS  AWESOME! I don’t know if its just cause I can struggle down a blue run now without  doing any serious damage to myself or anyone else but I have never had such a good time on the slopes. Cool as hell, maybe even better than Japan. I think it was a bit of a different story for Rosie though, things where going just fine for the first day, but that night there were the first signs of trouble. It seems that snowboarding on the x-box doesn't really use the same muscles as the real thing and all Rosies chickens where coming home to roost. And they where big chickens. Poor little thing could hardly bend down strap on her little boots. But she soldiered on and we had a great day none the less. The little township was so beautiful and there where plenty of familiar accents – seems  that almost all the lifties and waitstaff are aussies.  And then it was over. Time to start work again. So far so good.

Aidan

Hi Guys, just a quick Hiii-dii-hoo from me too.  If you knew how much I had to nag nag nag to get my lovely husband to write on this blog, you would forgive me for my lack of communication of late, I was itchin to write something but hey what are wives for?  I will write again soon now that I have the token contribution out of the way. We are hoping to head back up to Whistler again this weekend, now that I have regained the use of my legs.  We'll try to get a few more action shots. 

We're sorry you couldn't make it Ben we'll miss you, we were looking forward to some extra company on the slopes.

Love Rosie

Tags: Snow

Comments

1

Sounds like your having heaps of fun guys!

Keep it up, keep me posted and fill me in on any moose encounters.

Tom.

  Tommy Jan 28, 2007 3:36 AM

2

Hey guys im glad to see that your both still having loads of fun. Looks a bit colder than it is down here. Ive moved back to tassie now for 2months and then im headed on an adventure OS. I may be headed over your way sometime in the next year so i will keep you posted. Keep up the good work

claire

  cbreen Feb 7, 2007 11:43 AM

About rosiecallinan

Times Square Moments after the New Year

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.