Existing Member?

The World Upside Down

The World Upside Down

MOROCCO | Wednesday, 2 September 2015 | Views [217] | Scholarship Entry

Five months ago, I quit my full time job producing videos for Microsoft. I put in my two weeks notice, and booked a series of random plane tickets that same day. I had very little plans, other than that I wanted to be solo and I wanted to be free to capture content honestly and authentically with no end goal. My mind and body were worn out by the restrictions of corporate content. I missed the feeling I had when I studied abroad in Morocco, and pulled out my camera everyday for the sheer love of absorbing a stranger's energy on screen in a new and unfamiliar place. I do consider myself a "professional video producer" in the corporate world, branding me unfit for this competition. I do not however consider myself to be a "professional" travel documentarian, and would like to become one. I plan to start from scratch in that category, and would be honored to grow under Brian's mentorship. I truly believe this opportunity could teach me to shift my creative energy and producing skills back to what makes me feel giddy and passionate about video.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About rosegunson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.