Existing Member?

Free as a Bird "The pure present is an ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory." - Henri Bergson

One more try!

USA | Monday, 17 September 2007 | Views [377] | Comments [1]

Ok, so hopefully this blog site will work! I was having access problems with the other one - although a lot of you are probably thinking user error but keep it to yourselves, k!? I'm leaving today. Well, I'm leaving Sacramento for the San Francisco International and then flying out at 1am for Taipei, Taiwan for a four hour layover (where you will probably hear from me) and then the final flight to Bangkok. To quote Amber (my travel and reckless behaviour partner - don't know if those two should go together): "So far, in the past week in Southeast Asia, there has been a few earthquakes, two small tsunami's (whatever the hell small means) and Myanmar (one of the countries bordering Thailand) has closed. Hmm, interesting." And on top of that, the town I am meant to be teaching in, Songkhla has now become a hotspot for the Muslim Insurgency that is trying to take land from the Buddhist Thai - yeah for the stuggle of the people of this world - please oh please do not target schools! I know selfish... but sometimes... My point is - I'm very excited - very nervous and life throws us lots and lots of road signs - and it's up to us to know how to read them or just say - hell with it - I'm going to the god damn beach and gettin a tan!

Tags: Philosophy of travel

Comments

1

Hot damn!

My philosophy of travel; Avoid SCIATICA.

  Bob Sep 28, 2007 7:53 AM

About ropo

first glmaour shot

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.