Existing Member?

Free as a Bird "The pure present is an ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory." - Henri Bergson

out houses

USA | Sunday, 13 July 2008 | Views [428]

taos - what can really be said about coming back to a place like this - ? it's hard really to be here and know how soon I'll be leaving - there is so much here that makes me want to stay - hollyhocks piling up on each other - all different shades of pink - white - tied back from overtaking pathways with shards of rope - rain clouds buzzing over head - and making wet the afternoons - tourists walking - walking - and blocking center traffic - I take showers in town and sleep up the canyon and during the week on the hondo mesa - tonight after work we do the bermuda triangle - and Lost ain't around anymore - along with a few others - a locals joke: "i quite smoking except I let myself at the memorials - so I can't quit - really" morbid - but true - sitting in the shade in the cabana at the tazza - ristras hanging on two sides - and just finished white chocolate pistachio ice cream - the mark(s) own the cafe now and not much has changed - babies are bigger - hair is longer or shorter - new out houses have been dug up - texan - german - accents and everyone wants to try the lavendar ice cream - the pueblo still has cheap cigarrettes and it rained for their pow wow - the same regulars come in the morning and marc the mail man asks about my book - I love this town and how odd all the people are - and how I get to be in it...

About ropo

first glmaour shot

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.