Existing Member?

Free as a Bird "The pure present is an ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory." - Henri Bergson

Jean Attack - Back in Bangkok

THAILAND | Thursday, 25 October 2007 | Views [646] | Comments [1]

we got back to Bangkok around 5 in the morning yesterday and luckily a room was ready at the guesthouse we went to called Shanti - lots of plants and very hippy - great for first moments back in the craze...we slept for a little while and then met up with some friends who were still in the city - at some point walking around i stopped at a stand with jeans to see if any would actually fit me (since everyone here is super small) any time you look at an item of clothing the sales person will come over and show you how stretchy it is or say too small - they love to point out that we farangs are a little large compared to them...anyway after getting my waist measured (without asking) a man jumps on a motorcycle and drives away - we decide to keep walking as i don't really want to spend any money on jeans...we're about two blocks away when a woman comes running up to me (one that i hadn't seen at the stand) with two pairs of jeans and the tape measure - she basically pulls me back to the stand and then proceeds to put the jeans on to me - even zipping the things up and then taking the skirt off of me that i was wearing! this all happened of course on the main street in front of many people who found my getting physically assaulted by a pair of jeans very funny! needless to say i parted with some baht and left with a new pair of jeans - that actually fit pretty damn well!

today - we spend most of the day light hours with Media Kids people - the company responsible for getting us a placement at a school - our school is located in Ao Luek which is a district of Krabi down south - it sounds amazing - we are teaching with one other woman from the phillipines who we met today -

one more day in the big city and then off to the south!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

sounds as if Bangkok shopping comes to you! the Ao Kuek posting in the Krabi area seems ideal. I think I forgot last time, when I commented on the Mekong Speed Boat, to hit "post" at the bottom...maybe that is a common problem.

Lynne

  Lynne Oct 27, 2007 12:48 AM

About ropo

first glmaour shot

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.