Existing Member?

On the loose

1st One

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 16 September 2009 | Views [510] | Comments [2]

Woooo First story. Well as you may have guessed we have both made it. The flight was the longest 28 hours of my life. Heidy was fine and felt no ill affects from the flight. Me, well yer. I was sick quiet a few times. Not nice. The plus side of the flight was that there was a good section of films on the flight. There was the boat that rocked, the hangover, night of the museum 2, fast and furious and more. Well that’s enough talk about the flight. So far in Oz all we have done is picked up the car, checked into two hostels (staying at one) set up a joint bank account, sorted out our phones, found all of our camping stuff, bought all the big things like the tent and mobile internet.

On Friday morning (Thanks to jet lag) we went to see the sun rise at Pandanus Beach. It was amazing and cold. Which is something I didn’t think I would say in Oz. Pictures have been put up.   

Saturday we went to a large camping supermarket of the outside of Brisbane. We found all of the things that we wanted to buy for me now and our travelling. We bought the big things like the tent. Which is a three room, six man tent which cost $245 or about £120. We also bought the cooker and the cook set.

Sunday we want to spend some time enjoying Australia so we went to Australia zoo. It is early the best zoo we have been to. It was so open and you can get up really close to the animals. Pictures up.

The weather out here is really what you would expect. Sun, Sun, Sun, Sun, Sun, tiny cloud (like 5 minutes of shade then) Sun. Everyday so far we have had highs of 24 degrees. This is causing a small problem in the fact that Heidy seems to get head aches from the heat but they are going now.

Right I have run out of time. Hope all is well back in the UK.   

Comments

1

Glad you're both safe and having a good time, make sure you have the time of your life and come back safe.
Hope you're christmas and new year was fantastic, Exmouth missed you but it was same old new year in Exmouth really.
Keep updating us, Lizzie said you phoned earlier, enjoy the rest of your in Oz and we'll see you soon (ish) lol :D
Love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Toni-Marie Jarvis Jan 4, 2010 5:47 AM

2

hey guy s sounds like your both enjoying it! you v got better weather than exmouth does right now try minus figures and your there lol hope you both have had a good new year and christmas and shall see you soon when your back keep safe xxxxx

  sammy rainbird Jan 5, 2010 2:30 AM

About robert_heidy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.