Existing Member?

Victorian coast documentary

South West Coast Victoria

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 13 January 2013 | Views [162]

Photography, it’s such a universal phenomenon all over the world and we each carry our own lens through which we interpret the visual documentary.

When I take a photo, it’s really about the sense of preserving that moment and in recent years as my skills have improved the value these images have when I share them and reflect on them. That sense of place that I have captured in the world with my camera, I enjoy recording that moment, and the images seem to initiate the imagination and inner most feelings whilst looking at them. As a keen photographer I want to embrace and search for them, they are illusive they are not always easily caught and you need the tenacity to find them.

The emotions a photograph can throw back at you can be overwhelming at times regardless of technical execution. The ability of photography to connect to our past, associate us in an event, and preserve memories without words or interpretation makes it so influential all over the world and this is also why I enjoy it.

This competition is an opportunity to learn the art of making beautiful images in the field and be mentored, I certainly believe I possess the potential and greatest desire to listen and learn on this assignment and personally develop myself. Currently I work in IT&T and after 20 years I am keen to develop and continue to pursue more time to my passion for photography. Not sure how to do this though, for me this feels like a self taught apprentice looking for a gig.  So with some encouragement and thanks to cable TV hence the leap of faith by entering into a competition.

The submissions I make in these 5 images are untouched as I am yet to develop the attributes to use other tools to improve on them. These are just a brief snapshot of what I saw whilst on holiday this year along the South West Coast of Victoria. I was particularly interested in documenting what beautiful natural art forms are created by the elements along the coastline. Looking at how the weather and the ocean work their magic and create the ever changing landscape along our coastline.

My Goal: To master the moment with my camera, both technically and analytically. To find the elusive balance in the visual documentary, and to do it from all over our planet, for everyone to enjoy.

 

Sincerely,


Rob Bellian

About robbellian


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.