Existing Member?

Travelling the roads to heaven

PARADISE is around the corner

INDIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [192] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

It started with the planned day, we were ready with our bags packed. As soon we thought to leave, it started raining. For once it made us to call the plan off as heavy rain stroke the ground with all its thunder and lightning. Even we the young blood also got goose bumps as the roads we were to travel are prone to landslides and rain makes them the worse.
But, taking a kind of risk, we exchanged smiles,just wore the rain coats and hit the gas. Later on "a kind of" became true when after few miles the road got blocked due to landslide ahead. Sometimes you make these kind of decisions when you know you are low on budget and the bike is costing you 1000 bucks /day.
We hired bike from Rishikesh and the plan was 4 day road trip to the Tungnath. And we dared to leave in the evening despite knowing the fact in hilly areas night falls too early and moreover we got overcasted by the black clouds. It was a bit cold, we were just changing gears and chasing the stars.
Crossing 3 different districts and staying nights in 2 different cities, finally we reached Chopta. After drinking the tea, just to warm up, we hit the trekking route to Tungnath. The route was surrounded by green meadows and the red BURANSH trees. Going only half a mile and taking a left turn around corner, there was snow everywhere. Yes, I could see only snow not even the path was visible.
We all were walking on the snow not knowing if there was any solid surface underneath us or not. Slipping, falling, moving and repeating, somehow we reached the summit. I should not forget to say, “By Gods’ Grace.” (if you’re going here don't forget to carry trekking poles).
There, I got FROZEN, at that time none of my senses were working. I couldn’t do anything but to see the view with my eyes wide open.
"I COULD SEE THE BLUE SKIES AND THE GREAT HIMALAYAS
I COULD SEE THE BIRDS TRYING TO FLY HIGH
I COULD SEE THE CLOUDS DRIFTING THROUGH WIND"
As far as I could see, there were those high mountains covered with snow and the white clouds. If someone asks me what could the heaven look like? It is this place. But Good things always come to an end, we had to leave as the weather was changing too fast.
God made such a beautiful planet called EARTH, I wish I may live million years just to TRAVEL THE WORLD. I bet he must have built even more beautiful places to see and explore.
Though the road we traveled is not in the "BEST ROADS LIST" but, just hit this road once, you will be amazed to see what nature has saved for you.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

Comments

1

AWSOME man i felt that if i was travelling with u after reading it......
goood JOB.

  C.K May 28, 2015 2:21 AM

About roadsandbikes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.