Existing Member?

The man who start a journey will never be the same when he finishes it.

My Scholarship entry - Giving back on the road

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 12 April 2012 | Views [195] | Scholarship Entry

Giving back on the road has always had a special meaning for me. Actually, i have just uncontrollable urge to wander, there's even a particular term for it in psychiatric terminology - they call it "dromomania". Roads takes kind of magical effect upon me, as soon as i cross the treshold of my sweet home, i feel freedom. Everything that has been become aware on the road has the tinge of freedom for me whatever it is: wind with the scent of road dust, scording sun, road signs, various trucks, transient road talks, just everything! It doesn't matter at all what i'll run into on the road, it will be absolutely special for me anyway. Moreover I'm in the firm believe that I only feel happy while being on the run, following the road. Here the song of Pink Floyd comes to my mind: “Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one”, this line exactly reflects my attitude to travelling – I believe that I would never have enough. As soon as the journey is over and I have to unpack my bags and revert to routine, I feel yearning for giving back on the road.
I suppose here I must add a few words about my routine coming back to which is so agonizing for me. I'm a fourth year student in Novosibirs State University where I study psychology. Thereby I have to attend classes everyday, to do some fieldworks, to make some researches and etc. All these needed works eat almost all of my time during the term. So I have only to foretaste my vacation when I can go anywhere and feel freedom at least for 3 months. Actually my vacation lasts only 2 months, but I always finish my examinations before the appointed time, no matter it's quite hard, to own another month and to be on the way a bit longer. Being in the routine is not even a half such pleasant as being en route. To be honest my favourite part of journey is the road, I don't really feel anything special about reaching the destination. I really do love learning the world and seeing new places, however nothing could beat the “road feeling”.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About road_feelings


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.