Existing Member?

A Slice of Hawai'i

Hawaii

USA | Thursday, 30 July 2015 | Views [147] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Hello,
My name is Ryan Kreston. I just graduated from what has regularly been referred to as the best film school in the world (USC), and a year later, I still don't have a job. I spent many months adhering to the traditional route of searching for a job and found nothing, so, instead of taking any old job to pay the bills, I decided to create my own job. For the past 6 months I have been working as a freelance filmmaker, well that and moonlighting as an Uber driver. All the while I have been building my portfolio so that one day I can make the jump to the professional world of filmmaking. I find great pleasure in documenting foreign places and love the idea of having no obligations to attend to, rather letting the day take you where it pleases.

Being selected for this trip would be absolutely amazing on several different levels. First and foremost, it would be a fantastic way for me to enhance my skills, especially under the direction of someone as skilled as Brian Rapsey. It would also allow me to produce a professional documentary while exploring one of the most interesting places on our Earth. Thirdly, I think it would prove to people that it isn't always necessary to take the traditional route of job hunting, sometimes the riskier efforts pay off.

I couldn't think of anything cooler than being deep within the jungle armed with a camera documenting a rarely seen community of people. I know one thing, it certainly beats the heck out of being an Uber driver.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Hi there,

Thanks for your entry to our 2015 Travel Film Scholarship!

You may want to review your film entry to make sure it features a 'profile of a person who inspires you to travel the world’ and conveys a strong narrative within a 3 minute timeframe.

Any entries that do not fit these criteria will not be considered.

If you have any questions please check out our FAQs page or drop us an email at scholarships@worldnomads.com.

Best of luck!

  Jack, World Nomads Aug 7, 2015 3:32 PM

About rk9


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.