Existing Member?

The Long Route Home I have been living and working in Japan for two years and now it's time to come home. This is here to document my sea crossings and overland journey from Japan to England.

Saying "Sayonara!"

JAPAN | Friday, 20 July 2007 | Views [422]

Even after two years, seven farewell parties seems excessive (especially with all the drinking that they make me do at these things). My body is screaming for some rest, but I'm having way too much fun for my head to listen to such defeatist talk. Today I gave a farewell speech to my fellow teachers at Iwakuni Commercial High School, as well as a speech to the students of the school. Both were in Japanese and both went down pretty well I'm relieved to say. My thanks go to Kevin for helping me out with it, despite it being past midnight on a school night and both of us being the worse for wear thanks to the continuous whiskey refills at that damned hostess bar.

However much fun I'm having now is tinged with sadness for the knowing feeling that I am actually leaving so many great people behind. Luckily I have a great adventure to look ahead to, and, however it goes, this online journal will document the highs and lows of what will be an assault on the senses. I think it's high time...

Tags: Work

About rjc


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.