Existing Member?

Serenity on the Sea to Sky

Daisy Lake

CANADA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [147] | Scholarship Entry

For 2 minutes I was in a state of awe.

Have you ever experienced something so beautiful that your heart jumped and caught in your throat?

The cool blue- almost mint green colour of the body of water was magnificent. Unlike anything that I had ever seen before. I had almost pulled out my camera and then decided against it. This was the first and last time that I would get to see this. By pulling out my camera and adjusting the settings seconds would tick away, and most likely no picture ever taken of this lake, no matter the angle could ever measure up to the feeling it had provided me.

So I paused. And marvelled. Our bus glided over the sea to sky highway smoothly, en route to Whistler from Vancouver and I couldn't pry my eyes off of the reservoir.
For a certain period of time all I could catch were glimpses of it from behind this immense forest. And I felt at peace with everything around me. The mountain air was crisp. The mountains ahead of us were immense and awe inspiring. But to this day I have never experienced something like that.

I couldn't help but wonder about the stories of all those who had wandered here before me. What were their stories? What had happened here? It was a strange goodbye, as I looked back at this lake that had only been on my mind for a couple of minutes, I felt as though it was whispering to me it's secrets. But the vehicle I was in was travelling too fast for me to stop and hear them.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About rizuwrites


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.