Existing Member?

Live toTravel - Travel to Live

Venice: where your fairytale comes true

ITALY | Tuesday, 12 May 2015 | Views [167] | Scholarship Entry

Every girl dreams about a fairytale. Even if we don’t have unicorns in our world, we have travels, which bring some miracle in our lives. So it’s very important to choose the right destination. Venice may become one of them!
This city has a long and beautiful history, which sparkles in the windows of palaces and speaks in the songs of gondoliers. In the morning Venice may be mysterious and gloomy, sunny and noisy in the afternoon and pacified in the evening. To understand the city – you should live there, but to create your own fairytale several days will be enough.
I think that Venice is famous for its uncommon location: where will you find the city, which requires vaporetto to reach it? So, the first point to do in Venice is to use vaporetto: it’s like a feature of the city, which helps to understand it better. If we are talking about transport, we should mention gondolas. It’s not a cheap way to spend your time in Venice, but it’s worth it. A real gondolier should wear a special “boater” hat and sing Venetian songs. The number of gondoliers is always the same – 425, so don’t miss yours! They are the most photogenic people in Venice as well.
As we are in a fairytale, I have a little secret: there is also a traghetto – it’s like a ferry from one bank of Grand Canal to the other on a gondola, which costs only 2 euros.
Rialto, San Marco…of course, they are the most famous places in Venice: you can find them in every guidebook. There are always crowds of people, but if you come to Venice, you can’t leave without visiting them. But to see a life of locals, to enjoy empty narrow streets, small channels and unexpected blind alleys, the district of Castello is the best variant. The view from here is just perfect: Giudecca (another Venetian island, which is situated right opposite San Marco), the very San Marco with Doge’s Palace and calm sea. The sea always brings happiness, and together with the finest Italian gelato, the feeling that you are in Venice, a light tiredness adjoining with satisfaction from the kilometers you’ve walked can make the fairytale, which we are searching for.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About rinash


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.