Existing Member?

long journey

Catching a Moment - On my way home

INDONESIA | Monday, 15 April 2013 | Views [135] | Scholarship Entry

I went back home. I finally made up to get the bus ticket the day before yesterday. The seller was just so annoying. He told me to come back again for the next day when I first came to the terminal. When I was there, all that was left to me was just those two seats at the very back. Ughh, this just made me mad more at him. Anyway, I just had to bear the pain on my butt after the trip, but I’m sure will be happy when I am home. My house is located in Central Java, Indonesia, and I was heading to that place from Depok, West Java. Thee trip was not very pleasing. I had to sit for about ten hours and had one time break at rest area—that was at midnight--. I started feeling happy when the bus reached Cilacap, so it must have been three hours until I got home. My father was often called me up, asking me to inform him whether I had arrived. It still needed an hour to really arrive at my house from the place I would later take off from the bus, so he would pick me up. One thing that I noticed turned to be very fascinating when the bus reached a place called Kebumen. The green trees were along the street at dawn, with less transportation on the street. It was so perfectly calm. Lot of passengers would be started taking off from the bus. One passenger took off from the bus, and suddenly a lot of people approached him offering any kinds of transportation to his house. I could see their disappointed face when they failed to get the passenger—in my case, my father picked me up--. I just thought how they could stay there, early at dawn, waiting for passengers who took off from the bus, who would probably not take their ride. I realized that looking for money in this country must be very difficult if we don’t have enough knowledge, here I mean it as “Ijazah” (transcript from school). It happened over again whenever the passengers took off. Yeah, this is my country though. Behind its beauty, it still hides an irony.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About rika_akhni


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.