Existing Member?

Message for you

Families in Roma

ITALY | Wednesday, 23 April 2014 | Views [89] | Scholarship Entry

My first time I visited Italy in December 2010, my objective was so simple and clear, living an Italian life for 10 days.
I have to mention that I am Tunisian girl and Tunisian life is so different from European life. We still hold our traditional values and suffering from gender's problems.
For just 10 days, I had the opportunity to discover another beautiful view of Roma. I'll not mention the beautiful of its ancient monuments, arts, and culture. With the outstanding cafés (Lavazza) and restaurants (Spaghetti), the center for both the modern and ancient world.
My discovery was how Italians live their life. I've been in 4 houses of friends of mine.
My first pie in Rome, I’ve been received by so beautiful Italian friend. I’ve been three days in her house with her family. I had the feeling that I’m with a Tunisian family but they are speaking another language I don’t understand. The first Italian words I learned was «Primera volta? «. All friends of my friend asked me this question, they were talking to me in Italian language but I understand only some words from "RAI UNO» or some similar words to Spanish.
I had the opportunity to eat lasagna made by her grandmother, I felt like a dream. It was sooo delicious surrounded by their jokes, laugh and histories. My friend was my translator during the dinner time.
After three days, I went to a small city in Napoli “ Sarno” , I felt in love with this place, people and new friends . It was the 31 of December, i had the opportunity to celebrate the New Year with an Italian family, in a big table which they spoke four languages “French, English, Spanish and Italian”.
For the first time in my life, I stay more than 5 hours eating, relating stories and laughing…
Italy is more than a big city, Italy is how people's mindsets and humors...

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About rifqa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.