Existing Member?

The adventure starts and continues

Day >

THAILAND | Saturday, 5 March 2011 | Views [193]

www.rideforsmiles.com

Today got up to leave Patong for Ao Nang so jsut went for a walk on the beach and grabbed some bacon and eggs for brekkie as I wasnt sure when i was going to be eating again. The lift to the port came at 12 and off to the ferry we went very nice russian girl sittign next to me couldnt speak a word of english but her son was jsut sayign massage massage all the time was pretty funny that a little kids first words of english are massage massage lol
The ferry ride was pretty cruisy just sat out on the deck the sky is really hazey over here i dont know if its a heat haze or jsut outright pollution but you cant see more than like a few ks into the distance. The ferry took about 2 hours by the time it stopped at Rawai beach whioch looks pretty spectacular itself maybe on the way back ill stop for a nigfht i think its a little expensive there. Got off the ferry and caught a tuk tuk down the main drag and walked down a lane way and got accomdation at the second place I ask, costing me 550 baht so about 18 bucks its not to bad im sure i could find cheaper if i ventured further afield.
Got a bike and went for a ride and jsut cruised around found a coup,le of little dirt tracks and thought ill head off in that direction towards this pretty impressive rock formation though theose things are everywhere I found this pretty out of the way resort hardly anyone around and stopped in to have a look around 15 hundred baht on special usually 3500 a night that over a 100 bucks aussie so very upper class for here, you would probably classify it as 4 star if not close to 5 very nice but very out of the way and I think they still have some work to do on the beaches etc but its only just opened so when its done im sure it will be very nice.
I travelled further up the dirt road and deteriorated to a goat track and insteaqd of turning back i pushed on. It was up and down and gettign steeper with every bend then came to a really steep part and was trying to video and had to go to two hands as it was really steep and jsut as I did the bike stop going forward and startred sliding backwards down this quite impressive hill lol oh well as Im not that good at sliding backwards down a steep hill in rutted soft gravel and you guessed it i had my first lose nothing to impressive jsut dropped her on its side, fortunalty not to much damage but a few scratches so when i got back and talked to the young guy running the bikes and he said you get money and we know mention it to the boss, so I handed over some money, a few bucks no big deal then in the morning the guy that owned the bike we came out and said you drop the bike so had a chat to him and we came to an agreement of 280 baht about 9 bucks for the damage lol i didnt mention the few bucks Id paid to the young bloke though in reality he ripped me off he only earns 5000 baht a month so not goign to make a big deal of it all i paid 5 times the amount to print my itinary out at Sydney airport so that was a real riff off. anyway the stack cost a few bucks but i guess if im going to take there little shit heaps to spots like that and drop them on their side I have to accept a few bucks so all good.
Went to a restaraunt for dinner and had some noodles and chicken pretty nice about 5 bucks so might have to find myself a nice cheaper place but the chikkibabe was pretty hot that was serving so was worth the exrtra few cents lmao
Here in my room jsut bloggign this place doesent have wifi which sort of sucks but will upload it all when i get to a place that does, the internet cafe next door charges like a wounded bull so ill log in there but only briefly to update facebook.

Another day out of the way tommorrow ill jsut get on the bike and go for a ride and see where it takes me
Night.

www.rideforsmiles.com

About rideforsmiles


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.