Existing Member?

ranselku tidak pernah penuh

Catching a Moment - The World Doesn't Need to Know

INDONESIA | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [223] | Scholarship Entry

‘“Have fun ! bring me some photos and videos okay ?”

That’s what my friend said when i was about to go to Bali. No, i didn’t go for sun-bathing in Kuta Beach, shopping some stuffs at Sukowati traditional market or eating satay fish in Ubud. I went to attend Paramore’s concert on August 17th, 2011 in Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) park. It has been more than 3 months I saved up for this trip. I came here with my friend and we both are parawhore and travel-addict.

A giant holiday atmosphere are burst everywhere in Bali, include the concert venue. If you don’t know, GWK or Garuda Wisnu Kencana is a cultural park when there’s a giant statue of God placed. It is located at top a limestone hill. Paramore’s stage was in the middle area of the pedestal, surrounded by gigantic limestone walls on all sides. Make this concert such a secret ritual that was isolated from the outside world. And the giant head of Garuda statue is placed straight behind the stage to exchange the backdrop-less concept of the stage. Maaaan... that night was so ethnically-rock concert. ‘It’s gonna be ultra fun!’ i shouted.

My fave band, paramore finally came up! AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I was about to die of my own enthusiasm. They sang about 18 songs if im not mistaken, about two hours of adrenaline and heavenly-effect that i got, i felt so in home. And after the concert ended I realized I was not even photographed or videotaped their appearance at all. I was too busy singing and dancing and yeah, simply having fun !

But i have no regret.

I had one of the best time of my life. For me, the best moments are when we forget to actually doing anything else, including perpetuating moments through any gadget. Catching moment isn’t always by photographing or videotaping, or maybe updating some status on social media. In fact, i’m sure that those activities will ruin your super moment itself. It is when we are truly present, alive, phisically and mentally... enjoying. Just you and the currently. The world does not need to know.

on the way home from the venue, I asked my friend 'Did you see when Hayley said ‘Merdeka’ in Indonesian ? That was sick man, uber cool!’ but than it was surprising me when my friend whose the camera is never switched off from the stage said ‘Really ? No I didn’t know that..’. see ?

Photos and videos are good. But something that too much is never good. so come on and try to enjoy. Singing, dancing, watching, simply... enjoying.

That's what i called catching moment.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About rictumsempra


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.