Existing Member?

Send Lawyers Guns and Money Seek first to understand

Italian Amore

ITALY | Saturday, 24 May 2014 | Views [279]

May 24, 2014:

We are traveling across the Tuscany region of Italy and into Venice. We have been in Italy 11 weeks and have come to understand why people from the USA and all over the world have decided to move here.

Our experience in many countries can become "OK, that's nice, next country".  The customs and habits, whether it be excessive smoking, or inconsiderate drivers of cars and cycles begin to irritate. The good parts of a country start to be outweighed by the unpleasant. In Italy it hasn't happened yet. The drivers of Italy are usually courteous, (and as we walk and take public transportation this is important).  The smoking, although present and more than the USA, is still limited to streets and parks and a little bit in bars and outside dining. The people are friendly, even engaging and I believe if I spoke Italian I could move here. When you include the Art, Food, Wine, Climate, Topography, did I mention the Wine?

(it is worth repeating), well it is all beautiful.

Tags: italy, travels

About richerforwandering


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.