Existing Member?

This is Sven, the Hitchhiker

Sven - A Hitchhiking Documentary

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 22 August 2015 | Views [211] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Riccardo, I'm from Italy but I'm studying filmmaking at SAE Institute in London.

Last year decided to hitchhike and backpack for four months and 12000 km over 15 countries in Europe: that trip really changed my life, and cleared my mind about what I wanted to do with my future: filmmaking.

I started film school in May, and 3 weeks ago we had summer holidays. I wanted to make a video about hitchhiking, so I made some research and contacted Sven, whom I met with Couschsurfing, and I hitchhiked to Bristol to interview him.

The day after I came back to London I found out about this competition, I was shocked: the documentary I wanted to do for my own personal reasons was EXACTLY what you required in the guidelines.

This is what I want to do with my life. My biggest passions are film, adventure travelling and music and this little video packs all of these things together.
I put all of me in these 3 minutes, this project means the world to me... I even composed the music.

This is my first serious project, this is what I can do at the moment with little to no experience, there's so much I want to learn and so much I want to tell.
Going to Colombia would be the realisation of a dream, I think I would get so much out of this experience and I think that a chance like this comes once in a lifetime.
If you see some potential in my video I would love to prove myself with this challenge.

Thank you for considering my entry and I hope to hear from you.

Riccardo

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About riccardo


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.