Existing Member?

Bohemian Godfather

Bohemian Godfather

USA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [157] | Scholarship Entry

I am told I was named Noah because it signified a traveler or wanderer, a-la the Bible story of Noah and the Ark on the sea for 40 days. Whether it was the name or the example set by my family (particularly my Godfather), seeing the lands and people of the world is a fundamental part of my life. I've been lucky enough to live and travel in Central and South America, Europe, Asia, and wander throughout the USA. My focus hasn't just been on traveling for travel's sake, checking off stops on a list, but my desire to better understand the diverse relationships that people have to the planet. I studied ethnographic technique in college and have gotten to work interviewing communities in Panama, Thailand, and Cambodia. Each of them had remarkable strategies to live where they did. These are the stories I love and want to highlight for others, and I have found film to be the best medium for sharing them. I originally taught myself video editing in high school to make a short film on shark finning, and have continued to create short documentaries ever since. To have this opportunity would give me the chance to improve upon my film and storytelling skills, and reach a wider audience than I could otherwise. I know how to find the story and spirit of a place, and want to learn the practical details of being a professional filmmaker so that I can connect people to cultures and places they might not otherwise be aware of.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About rhizophora

Noah and Napoleon

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.