Existing Member?

India on Loop

Paan India

INDIA | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [3420] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

I'm 24 and currently working as an animator in Mumbai, India. I did my undergrad in Film & Digital Art from Smith College, U.S.A and am currently planning to head back to that country for a Masters in Media and Culture studies.

I've worked on few documentary film projects as a student, and in 2010 I was part of the Real Ideas Studio student filmmaking program at the Festival de Cannes.Here, I was awarded Best Director for our team documentary 'Being France' - about the life of France, a transexual cabaret dancer.

As you can see, my life revolves around visual storytelling. Growing up in India, and even traveling the world, I've realised how many stories there are out there, how different and unique every place and person is. But the tough part, is to learn to get to the heart of the story - the part where the soul of the person and place connects with others cross boundaries. If you find that, you've found a story that resonates with the world. And winning this competition would give me the chance to work in that direction, to learn from a wonderful filmmaker and tell a story about a place 8000 miles away from home and still find a way to make it matter to me.

Tags: 2014 travel film scholarship to mexico

Comments

1

Really comical presentation, but also very professiona! Loved learning the history behind this element of Indian culture. Thank you for sharing.

  apriljoy Sep 21, 2014 8:01 AM

2

Great Film!

Unique theme!

Very differently done!

  Dhiren N. Sheth Oct 6, 2014 1:27 AM

About rheamihir


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.