Existing Member?

On the road again!

Liverpool - Under Construction - Please mind your heads!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 18 June 2008 | Views [184]

After a stressful drive in to Liverpool, with no map, and a little scribble at Jo and myselfs attempt at directions, wasn't good. Thankyou to the helpful taxi driver who led the way for us. We were only 4 blocks off or so! We even managed to to drop the car off, no worries. After proceeded to be the end of the three of us travelling together. A good thing that we got some seperation as Vicky and myself most certainly didn't get along. Felt bad that Jo was always in the middle.

But to Liverpool, who would have thought I'd finally get to Liverpool to do a Beetles tour. Took 2 years for me to get there. And off I went on A Magical Mystery Tour (and got the shirt to prove it). I got to see George, John, Ringo and Paul's houses. The real Strawberry field (a small orphanage), Penny Lane whilst listening to all the greatest hits. My idea of heaven. Ended the tour at The Cavern - that's right... The Cavern. Honestly, a little seedy inside!

Probably the biggest downer would be the obscene amount of construction happening in the city. My other disappointing thing was the amount of time left myself to go to the FREE museum. Liverpool boasts the largest maritime museum in the world, and I didn't even make it past 1/3 of the first floor. It actually had a phenomonal exhibit on u-boats from WWII. Actually from the perspective of the Germans, and it was brilliant. It is an aspect of the war I never considered, real eye opener. The other cool thing was the great ocean liner tragedies, Titanic, Empress of Ireland and Lisitania (?). Was so good I was actually ushered, or forced from the musuem come closing.

We stayed in the International inn, which had a visiting school group staying - so we got upgraded to a private 3 bed room with an ensuite. Really really nice. Also next door to the The Philharmonic Hotel. A beautiful old traditional english pub complete with mosaic tiled floors, beautiful high ceilings, old lumpy comfy funiture - so cool that the men bathroom is actually a heritage listed site. Remembered as John Lennons hang out. Just awesome awesome awesome.

I didn't understand the superlambbananas - odd odd things. A photo will explain what they are - hard to describe. Yet surprisingly structurely stable enough to hold my weight. Who'd a thought. Thankyou Jo for a hilarious frame by frame photo collection of my attampt to mount one!

Was good!

 

About rgardiner82


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.