Existing Member?

new roads to see

India

INDIA | Saturday, 28 May 2016 | Views [194]

I traveled to India in April, 2016; the weather was getting hot.  It was already in the high 90's and even hit 103F.  They are currently in a drought so it was clear hot weather.  The tour operator told us to do the touring early in the morning; so it wasn't that bad.  

This was a wonderful trip.  I went to the Golden Triangle as they call it; cities include Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur.  The Taj Mahal was beautiful with all the jeweled inlays.  The pink city in Jaipur was fantastic and all the forts that we visited in these cities.   I even rode an elephant, which was a lot of fun.

Most people in these cities seemed to be very poor.  They have lack of water and housing.  As we traveled from one city to another their farming methods seemed to be outdated.  They were using very old tractors.   Horse, oxen, and camel carts.  Many people carrying things on their heads.

The cities had stray dogs all over the place, most were sleeping because it was too hot.  Cows, goats, and pigs were all roaning the streets (even in the streets with the traffic).  Many monkeys were all over.  The hotels were nice with all the marble in the bathrooms.  Food was good.

After my trip I realized how lucky we are here in the USA.  Made me appreciate my standard of living.

 

About retiredtraveler


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.